STAND NUMBER: C9154
Urban Soil Solutions
Urban Soils Solutions Ltd., is a specialist contaminated soils sub-contractor. Our technology can treat hazardous levels of contamination, both organic and inorganic, rendering the material suitable for re-use as engineering fills, thus avoiding disposal costs, and landfill tax which is now £86.10/tonne.
Working in line with a site-specific strategy, in its simplest format, the treatment involves the addition and blending of chemical reagents which render hazardous soils environmentally safe for reuse on-site by mitigating the risk to controlled waters.
Most remediation techniques are only suitable for certain types of contamination. Our technology treats multiple contaminants, in all types of soil, in a single relative fast and effective treatment. Key points to consider are that:
• It`s a tried and tested technology with proven results and accepted by the Environment Agency who have a position statement on their website relating to the technology.
• It`s suited to most types of soils and contaminants
• Requires early treatability laboratory trials so early contractor involvement is beneficial
• The trials enable selection of an optimum reagent mixture
• Ex-situ treatment is then targeted based on treatability trials results based on leachate targets agreed with the regulators in advance.
• Fast short term programme treating 250 - 1000m3 / day dependant on the level of resource and working room capacity
• 1 week post treatment curing period
• 2 week validation `tank` testing to determine acceptability.
After treatment, soils previously contaminated with leaching metals, short chain hydrocarbons, PAH, BTEX and Cyanides, are ready for reuse on site.
This type of soils recovery operation, carried out under the company`s environmental permit (mobile treatment license) and in line with the CL:AIRE Code of Practice, ensures recovered material is no longer designated as waste, allowing the soils to be re-used, mitigating off-site disposal and further unsustainable use of imported natural resources. Our process is approved in the UK as a well proven and sustainable technology.
I would be more than happy to meet with you to discuss the process in more detail, and provide details of some of our more recent projects using the technology to determine whether our services could provide commercial and programme benefit both to yourselves and to your Clients.
If you would like further details, please give Ian Hadfield a call on 07590 060017, or visit our web site at www.urbansoils.co.uk.